Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission is not before another journal for consideration. If the submission has been published (incl. preprint servers and blogs), an explanation has been provided at submission as a Comment to the Editor.
- The submission is in English and the file is in the journal's Word template.
- Where available, URLs and DOIs for the references have been provided.
Manuscripts in this section undergo a formal peer-review process involving at least two external reviewers.
Note that section Research articles does not accept previously published articles that have been through a formal peer review process. If a manuscript has been through peer review elsewhere, but not published, the author is asked to provide information about the review recommendations.
A case study is a systematic, in-depth account of a specific phenomenon, a particular situation, a project. Manuscripts in this section undergo editorial review by at least two members of the editorial team.
Viewpoints are opinion pieces. Manuscripts in this section undergo editorial review by at least two members of the editorial team.
Notes in NOPOS are pieces that do not necessarily contain strictly scholarly material, but may nonetheless be of interest to the journal's readers. These may be event reports, communications, tributes, commentaries. Manuscripts in this section undergo editorial review by at least two members of the editorial team. The Notes section was introduced in NOPOS in 2022.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- When self-archiving after the article has been published, please use the published version of the article.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.